Are you loosing collagen? Have fine lines? Skin sagging a bit?
It’s no secret that as we age, retinol becomes your best friend and the greatest weapon against wrinkles and the ravages of time. Retinol helps increase skin’s thickness and collagen production, firms and refines the complexion and restores its vibrancy. It’s one of the fountain of youth product.
Some retinol products can be irritating. Causing redness and peeling of the skin if it’s used incorrectly. Use a retinol product that’s time released so you are not getting a blast of ingredients at once.
Prevention Is The Big Key In 2020
Suggestions basic steps to improve the appearance of your skin:
- Everyone should have at least two cleansers. One soothing/balancing and one with an acid like: Glycolic, salicylic, lactic, etc to give your skin a workout a few times a week.
- Use a toner to further cleanse the skin.
- Mix Vitamin C serum with Brightening serum to nourish and brighten skin
- AM Apply SPF PM Apply a night cream
- Mask two times a week and an eye cream AM and PM
Retinol Workout Two To 7 Nights A Week
Start using a retinol cream at night to smooth fine lines and boost your collagen. We suggest one of the following time released retinols: Our Ageless Repair Cream , or our Ageless Overnight Mask Start slowly two times a week until you can build up to seven nights a week. The other nights you are not using Retinol, you need a great night-time moisturizer for your skin type to hydrate and feed your skin. You will get better results if you only apply a retinol and nothing else under or on top after cleansing and toning.
I prefer to give my skin a workout only 3 nights a week and consistently on MON/WED/FRI so I don’t forget my nights. You do what feels best for you. Get to know your skin because we are all different. In about a week you will start seeing some improvement. Take before and after photos so you can see the improvement for yourself.
Facts About Retinols:
- Retinols should be used at night only. Make sure you wash you face in the AM so you don’t have it on your skin the next day as it makes your skin more sun sensitive.
- Stop using 5 to 7 days before a professional treatment
- Stop using 7 days before your vacation or laying out in the sun. Check the ingredients of the products you take on any sunny vacation and leave anything with acids at home as they will make you more sun sensitive.
- Monthly Milia/acne extractions to help clear skin and help your products penetrate
- Microdermabrasion and chemical peels to smooth skin texture, brighten your complexion and minimize finelines.
- Micro-needling to build collagen and tighten skin. It also helps with acne scarring especially the one that look like ice pick or box scars.
- Non-surgical facelift done with a machine to tighten and lift facial muscles.
- All these services are done at Beautiful Skin by Carmen at our two locations.
- Start a regular exercise regimen. Exercise increases circulation which improves the appearance of your skin
- Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water that will move out toxins and also help improve your skin’s appearance.
- View our Morning Elixir, our smoothie drink which helps detoxify the body.
We hope these tips help you to feel great and vibrant. You have beautiful skin, let us help you rediscover it!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.